Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Lim River Gorge

Kosovo/Serbia border
The border crossing today was a bit anti climatic. The Kosovo officials stamped an exit visa in the passport, even though there was no entry visa stamp to Kosovo.   The Serbian officials did not do anything at the Kosovo border, but did stamp an exit visa in my passport when I left Serbia to enter Bosnia and Herzegovina. Hopefully it will not disrupt the Russian officials when I apply for my Russian Visa.
On a brighter note though... I have seen some spectacular scenery in my travels.  I thought the mountain scenery of the Andes and the Rockies topped everything I had seen.  But I was blown away today by the gorge of the River Lim.  The road from Novi Pazar, Serbia to Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina runs along the side of the gorge. Many many tunnels, but absolutely stunning views 2000 feet below.  The Eastern Alps are significant limestone mountains. Over the eons, the river has cut a vertical wall gorge through the mountains.   It is worth the 7 hour bus ride just to see the gorge... Stupendous!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment